Thursday, June 21, 2007

8 Random facts about me

I know more about Batman than practically anything else. I prefer DC characters to Marvel, although I do keep up with most mainstream comic continuities. My favourite read lately is the Marvel Zombie series... especially the crossovers with Ash (Evil Dead) from the Army of the Dead. I'm a geek, and am not entirely proud of it.

I still listen to some contemporary Christian music. Although I find a lot of lyrics puke-worthy, I still like Newsboys, Jars of Clay and DC Talk. God help me.

Sometimes when I listen to people talk I count the syllables in their sentences and try to add words that will round the number off to the nearest ten. When I was younger I would scratch the skin just above my knee in unison with the count. I still find that spot a nice place to itch.

I don't have any trophies, I've never won anything due to skill or knowledge. I have no skills. I don't play any sport. I'm quite uncordinated. These eight random facts about me aren't painting an attractive picture.

I'm hopelessly addicted to the Internet: blogging, youtubing, forums, e-mail, downloading comic books, chatting, cyber-flirting, photosharing, website building... actually the only vice I haven't become addicted to is gaming. That'll come.

I love horror movies. I love it when I'm so lost in a movie that I actually care about what happens to the characters to the point where I'm really nervous. I mourn inwardly when they die, and hope they survive. I hate horror movies that have the main character survive only to die at the last second or early in the sequel. That sucks.

I hate magicians, I hate not knowing how a trick is done. It annoys me no end when these guys have me actually questioning reality. I wish they could at least say, "Don't worry folks, there's a trick to it, we're not supernaturally endowed".

I have a fear of toads. The thought of these creatures completely repulse me. I hate them passionately and wish they didn't exist. I think I would rather staple my thumb to the desk than have to touch. I would rather read Leviticus than to go near one. At the house I'm sitting there is a large lifelike concrete statue of a toad (why?); I tried touching it and felt like I was going to vomit.

1 comment:

Eek said...

I'm pretty sure I've read this blog before lol.

*cough - cheat - cough*

8 Random facts about ME -
1. I don't understand the obsession with Batman. He uses gadgets... he's not even a real super hero!
2. I have yet to hear christian music that actually sounds like music, instead of hymns gone wrong. Hillsong is the most boring music I've ever heard - it all sounds the same!! We need to send our christian musicians to "learn to write music" school. Geez.
3. Sometimes I turn off and don't listen to people as they talk. Often actually.
4. I like sport but hate swimming laps. Sports only good if theres some sort of fun team comraderie involved. Otherwise, pfft.
5. I'm hopelessly addicted to lots of things and several people lol.
6. Yes I love horror movies, but I rarely watch them. Normally my face is behind a pillow... or a hand... or a popcorn box.
7. Magicians are boring, lets face it.
8. Toads, meh. Its not like a toad might eat you if you go swimming in the ocean. Sharks - now theres something to really fear!