Monday, April 23, 2007

Tinnitus - The freaking sound of silence

Tinnitus is a huge part of my life and the bane of my exisitance. The drama queen in me needs a bane I suppose. I'd have rathered something else though. Check out the following video to see exactly how I've been living for the last 4 years. I've habituated it mostly but it's always there. It reminds me I'm alive and that's what I let it do.

I decided to make a whole other blog dedicated to the topic for those ships in the night that pass and need to hear how others have gotten themselves through the hard times. I'm really happy to have been for you at that dark time Barb. Millions of blogs out there girl. Makes me wonder about time and chance.

Find the "Sounds like Tinnitus" Blog here

It's got videos, and links, and poems, and feeds to the latest information in Tinnitus research. I'll journal my tinnitus stuff in there from now on. It's for those who share in the ailment and want a place to vent and the like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that would drive me insane! Oh, hang on. I'm already there.

Thanks for sharing the vid though. It gives people who don't live with tinnitus at least a little understanding of what it is all about.

Let's hope that one day soon the scientists and such will find out what the heck causes it and how to stop the incessant noise.

Eek said...

Oh, so the video does have sound? Lol. Thought it must... oh well.

Noah has somehow pulled my sound thingy out and I'm too lazy to crawl under the desk and reach around to put it back in.

I guess I'll do it soon ish, being that I want to download some new muz lol.

Oh, and why have you continually bugged me "when did you last look at my blog blah blah". I don't see anything new here again lol. What am I missing?

Some new thing on the side somewhere or something... can't see anything... Just freaky family pics that make me shudder.

Note to self: delete that, that's not very nice.

And speaking of freaky family crap, coming?

Unknown said...

I found a website that sells very good, relatively inexpensive noise reduction headphones. I have found them very helpful as I am very sensitive to loud sounds. I bought both the Extreme Isolation Headphones for $89 as well as the speakerless headphones for $29. I use the speakerless headphones out in the yard and the Extreme Isolation Headphones when I'm listening to music. They enable me to listen to music at a very low volume since they block out all the background noise. I hope this doesn't come across as spam, just trying to share what was helpful for me.